Statment of aims and intentions


I intend on producing a scene from a tv crime drama that will be around three minutes long. In my scene I will include at least two locations, for example, the opening scene will be filmed in a car. I will also be filming in an outdoor space surrounded by threes and bushes as well as inside a house. I thought it would be a great idea to film a TV crime drama as I personally enjoy watching this genre and have watched many TV crime dramas myself so feel I would have a good understanding of what I need to include and what will make it entertaining swell as realistic. Before filming any of my scenes I will produce a storyboard and a script to make it easier to film so we know exactly what we will need to film and this will give me a guide to ensure I film all the scenes I need and this will eliminate the chance of having to have a reshot. My scene will include a significant turning point which will be the mysterious disappearance of a young girl and we will see the lead up to this important event.

When it comes to the production of the crime drama  I will be using an iPhone 7 to film the scene which I think will be sufficient in capturing what I need and will make production easier as I will have access to it at all times. during the production I will be using various different camera angels to intrigue the audience and make them keep guessing as well as build suspense for example, I will be using many close up shots to add suspense and create mystery as well as to show that the girl as being used is scared and vulnerable. I will be filming in the evening so it will be kind of dark which will further add to the storyline and add to the unknown. I can also use the sombre and dark lighting to express the atmosphere and show that it is a spooky situation which will be reflected in the lighting.

When it comes to costume the suspected criminal stalker character will be dressed all in black to show he's a villain type character, we will hardly see this characters face to add suspense and keep the audience guessing. his entirely black outfit will show he is up to no good as these are the colours the audience would automatically relate to danger and make them feel uneasy towards this character. The girl who is the victim will be dressed in fairly average clothing just as an audience member would be such as jeans and a T-shirt, this will make her more relatable with the audience as they will be able to relate with her and will see her as an innocent person, therefore, will sympathise with her. The plain clothing will show her as the kind of girl next door character this will better allow the audience to relate with this character.

I plan on filming the majority of the scenes myself as this will allow me to capture my vision just as I want it. By filming myself all the scenes will come across as just the way I want and I can control the angles and shots. I will be using two other people as my main characters,  my main character will be played by my brother will be playing the villain character and my friend will be playing the victim, I will also make a short appearance in my film as a friend of the victim. My target audience will be quite large as I feel anyone from the age of 15 to 30 would be interested in this genre and I will aim to appeal to a large audience.

There will be dialogue in my scene, however, I will try to keep conversations to a minimum and rely on background noises such and noise of bushes and background music to portray the mood. using mysterious background music will build suspense and show what is happening to the audience.

My print based work will include an interview will one of the main characters and the villian, it will be an interview with the actor and show an insight to his day to day life and what life is like being an actor. My front page cover will feature an image of Harry outside in a remote area. my double page spread will include more images of Harry doing thing he enjoys in his spare time. My magzine will be a life style magzine that focuses on pop culture, fashion and lifestyle.


Comments

Popular Posts